Who doesn’t like birthdays when it comes once in a year. Be it a party, be it food/drinks, be it games/activities- one enjoys the day like never before. Other than that it involves expenditure too which needs to be planned in a certain way. The ultimate aim is to make the people happy so that they shower their blessings of health/ wealth/love unto you. And age is just a number, when a child grows, his maturity also grows.
1) A great cake: It is the most attractive part which will be kept in the centre. Everyone would love to taste it when it gets cut and be divided. It can be made according to the theme for example you put red theme or pink theme. That’ll be great when it will match the dresses. It could be prepared from the local bakery or home-made too. A better cake denotes another year added to person’s life.
2) Food/menu: What is that, that will mouth-water the people’s tastebuds. Punjabi or Chinese cuisine, continental or Indian, or Thai. Will there be soups, salads, seasonal cooked vegetables etc. Just ponder over it and let the party be memorable. Like marriage the arrangements could be made and waiters could be there to serve it. A special chef could be hired that will suffice all the requirements and satisfy the gluttony. Wasted food can be discarded.
3) Gathering: Decide on how many people you want to call and take care of their sitting arrangements. They will all mingle up while you can play the music behind. Tambola also can be planned just to engage whom you have called. People should not be more or less than the one which you can’t handle. Choose carefully!
4) Introvert nature: Only those kids can talk to each other and be involved when they’re asked to mingle with each other personalities. These are type A personalities who are confident enough to grasp and understand the human behaviour. Push them to have a conversation with each other. They will talk about family, habits, experiences, their positives and negatives, strengths and weaknesses, insecurities etc. Let them have their own time to make interesting talks/gossips with each other.
5) Games: games like musical chairs, lemon on spoon, little games and dancing damsel can be played just to engage the children whom you’ve called. Chits game can be played where everyone would be asked to share their best experiences of life till yet. Just make sure everything is clean and available. Washroom is clean and has good soap just to avoid germs.
So you did you best in organizing the party, just to end it you can give return gifts and let it be dolls, keychains, pens, laughing Buddha etc. Other option could be to give the party at a hill station like on mountains away from homes, changing of place/ changing of weather could be a nice idea to spend time with children and their friends.