There are many Americans becoming increasingly conscious about their spending habits. That is why when it comes to Halloween, you will be shrewd if you make some of the decor on your own. To be sure, the homemade stuff will not look the same way other bought stuff do. However, there are some justifications behind why you should make your own decorations.
1. Going by the statistics of allbusiness.com, in 2006, those Americans who spend money on Halloween spent about $ 60 each. This is likely to shoot up if you consider those who have more than two kids. You may have to fork out between $ 120 to $ 180.
Looking at how the economies are doing, you would want to cut down your spending on some stuff, more so the non-essentials. However, it does not mean that you have to kill off the season with a boring display. You can still do decorations to wow passers-by.
2. You will have a lot to share about how you actually came up with the idea of the crafts that you have made.
3. It is exciting to think up creative stuff to scare the life out of people. You can rest assured that you will not make something and find the whole street having the same stuff. That is a common downside of the batch produced Halloween items on stores.
4. If you have saved money from decorations, it means that you have more money to spend on costumes.
5. Making the decorations is a nice experience to the family. It is so much fun having both your wife and kids participate in the process of making the decorations.
Do this by going to an online website and getting a Halloween crafts book that will definitely give you good ideas that can work. You can incorporate scenes from some scary movies that you have watched in your past and do the decorations.