There are many flowers that are easy to grow and hardy in just about all zones that will make a great patriotic garden. With a minimum amount of care these red, white and blue flowers will show off your patriotic pride. Most of the flowers in this list will grow in full sun or partial shade and in rich well-drained soil. By arranging these patriotic flowers in clumps of color you garden will look like it is ready for its own 4th of July celebration. Go USA!
20) Edging Lobelia-'Crystal Palace 'This small plant is a deep cobalt blue with small deep green stems. This plant prefers cooler weather so be sure to provide some shade in hotter areas. The blue annual will grow well in all zones.
19) Darwin Tulip -'San Remo 'This tulip has brilliant red flowers that bloom in the spring. The leaves are a bluish-green. The Darwin Tulip grows best in zones 3-8
18) Wax Begonia -'Vodka 'The Vodka Wax Begonia is a bright red in color and blooms from spring through to fall. The leaves are a waxy maroon. This plant does very well in either sun or shade and is suitable for all zones.
17) Crocus -'Snow Storm 'This dainty white spring flower gives off a delightful scent. The leaves are extremely narrow. It grows best in zones 3-8
16) Larkspur -'Blue Spire 'At close to 3 feet tall this spiked flower grows in a beautiful shade of blue. Its leaves are lacy. This annual will survive well in all zones.
15) Campsis -'Crimson Trumpet 'As the name suggests this is a large red flower with dark green leaves. It can grow over 30 feet tall and drives best in zones 5-9.
14) Viburnum -'Mariesii 'A delightful spring bloom of pure white, this beautiful little flower can grow up to 6 feet if left ungroomed. It grows best in zones 5-8.
13) Wax Begonia -'Whiskey 'This plant produces densified mounds of white blooms from spring to fall. The leaves are maroon. The plant grows well in either sun or shade. It is an annual suitable for all zones.
12) Camassia leichtlinii -Blue spikes of flowers characterize this late spring bloom. The plant grows best in zones 3-10.
11) Dutch Iris – 'Blue Ribbon'-Deep blue late spring flowers will dazzle you garden. Zones 3-9 suit this iris best.
10) Wax Begonia – 'Pizzazz White'-Pure white mounds of flowers sprout from this plant. With its waxy green leaves, this annual thrills in either sun or shade and in all zones.
9) Morning Glories – This wonderful flower comes in red, white and blue. Intertwine all 3 colors up a wall with a white background and you will make quite a spectacular patriotic statement in your garden. These plants can survive well in all zones.
8) Bachelor's Buttons – These are another plant that have red, white and blue blooms. If laid out correctly you can actually form the American flag in your garden. The gray leaves form a nice background. These plants grow well in all zones.
7) Cosmos -'Purity 'This annual grows in all zones. The flowers are pure white with lacy green leaves.
6) Cordyalis -'Blue Panda 'The blue springtime flowers are tube-like. They grow in zones 4-8.
5) Peony-'Heritage 'Blooming in the late spring, these scarlet flowers with dark green leaves grow up to 3 feet tall. They thrive best in zones 2-8.
4) Bearded Iris-'Icy Snowflake 'White as the snow with sword like leaves, this ruffly flower grows best in zones 3-9.
3) Sweet Alyssum -'Little Dorrit 'Sweet is really a suitable name for this wonderfully little white flower. It grows in clusters from spring to fall. The Alyssum likes cool sunny weather. It is annual that will resease and it grows well in all zones.
2) Clematis -'Multi Blue'-Lilac-blue in color, this early summer blooms grows on a vine that can reach 15 feet. Other varieties of Clematis come in red and white and like the Morning Glories can be intertwined to create a wonderful patriotic display. The Clematis prefers zones 3-9.
1) Azalea -'Joseph Hill'-Possible one of the most popular and beautiful plants in our nation is the Azalea. This is variety is a bright red, blooming in spring. The zones the Azalea prefers are 5-8 but can thrive in zone 9 with plenty of water and partial shade.
Show you American spirit in a new and exciting way. Plant a red, white and blue patriotic flower garden using either the blooms mentioned above or some of your own plant ideas. It is sure to be a showstopper and a great way to show pride in your country.